Are you ready to dive into the world of automotive innovation?
Get ready to explore the groundbreaking concept of asymmetry with the Nissan Bevel.
Unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, this crossover SUV challenges conventional design norms with its distinctive features.
With an asymmetrical design, the Bevel boasts one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side, setting it apart from the rest.
Join us as we delve into the unique design elements, powerful engine, and uncertain fate of the Nissan Bevel.
The Nissan Bevel Unveiling – Event Details
Let’s talk about the unveiling of the Nissan Bevel at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 7, 2007.
This event provided an opportunity for car enthusiasts to witness the innovative concept of asymmetry firsthand.
In a bustling venue, attendees were able to see the unique design features of the Bevel and get a glimpse into the future of automotive design.
Date: January 7, 2007
On January 7, 2007, the Nissan Bevel was unveiled at an event, showcasing its pioneering concept of asymmetry. This concept car turned heads with its unique design, featuring one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. The Bevel challenged the traditional symmetrical design of vehicles, offering a fresh and innovative approach.
Asymmetry was the central theme of this concept, making it stand out among other cars of its time. The Nissan Bevel was a testament to the creativity and forward-thinking mindset of Nissan’s design team. By pushing the boundaries of design, Nissan demonstrated its commitment to exploring new possibilities and creating groundbreaking vehicles that captured the imagination of car enthusiasts worldwide.
The Bevel was a shining example of the exciting world of concept cars and their potential to shape the future of automotive design.
Venue: North American International Auto Show, Detroit
At the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, you witnessed the unveiling of the Nissan Bevel, a pioneering concept of asymmetry. This groundbreaking crossover SUV showcased an innovative design that challenged traditional vehicle aesthetics.
Here are three key details from the event:
- Asymmetrical Design: The Nissan Bevel featured a unique asymmetrical design with one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. This unconventional approach not only added visual interest but also improved accessibility and functionality.
- Targeted Audience: Carlos Tavares, the former chairman of Nissan Americas, envisioned the Bevel as the ideal vehicle for men aged 45 to 60 who needed to transport tools and engage in outdoor projects. This demographic would appreciate the versatile features and rugged capabilities of the Bevel.
- Influence on Future Designs: While Nissan didn’t commit to producing the Bevel, its innovative design could have a lasting impact on future vehicle designs. The concept showcased Nissan’s commitment to pushing boundaries and exploring new possibilities in automotive design.
The unveiling of the Nissan Bevel at the North American International Auto Show was an exciting moment that highlighted the brand’s dedication to pushing the boundaries of design and innovation.
Purpose Behind the Concept
The purpose behind the Nissan Bevel concept was to cater to the needs and interests of male empty-nesters aged 45 to 60. It was designed for individuals who are engaged in hobbies, recreation, and community service.
Designed for: Male empty-nesters engaged in hobbies, recreation, and community service
For male empty-nesters engaged in hobbies, recreation, and community service, the Nissan Bevel was designed with their specific needs in mind. This concept vehicle was created to cater to the lifestyle and interests of older men who’ve more free time to pursue their passions after their children have left home.
Here are three key features that make the Bevel ideal for this target audience:
- Versatile Cargo Space: The Bevel offers ample cargo room to transport tools and equipment needed for various hobbies and projects. Whether it’s fishing gear, golf clubs, or gardening supplies, this vehicle can accommodate all the necessary items.
- Comfortable Seating: The Bevel is designed to provide a comfortable and spacious seating area. This allows male empty-nesters to enjoy long drives to their favorite recreational activities or community service events without feeling cramped or fatigued.
- Easy Accessibility: With its asymmetrical design, the Bevel features a large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. This makes it convenient for loading and unloading items, especially for individuals with mobility challenges.
Age group target: 45 to 60 years
Catering specifically to men aged 45 to 60, the purpose behind the Nissan Bevel concept is to provide a vehicle that aligns with their interests and activities. This age group target was chosen because it represents a significant demographic of consumers who are typically empty-nesters and have more time and resources to indulge in their hobbies and passions.
The Bevel concept recognizes that men in this age range often engage in outdoor projects, such as home renovations or gardening, and need a vehicle that can accommodate the transportation of tools and equipment. By understanding the unique needs and preferences of this age group, Nissan aims to create a pioneering concept that caters to their lifestyle and enhances their overall driving experience.
The Bevel concept serves as a testament to Nissan’s commitment to designing vehicles that cater to diverse customer segments and their specific requirements.
Design Elevation: Inside and Out
When it comes to design elevation, the Nissan Bevel concept truly excels. Its asymmetrical exterior isn’t just for show, but inspired by function.
The long driver’s door and two distinct passenger-side doors not only make a statement, but also provide practicality and ease of access.
Additionally, the Bevel’s rear door design features a unique hinge system, allowing for an expansive opening, while the multifunctional rear hatch serves as a tall door and even a potential workspace.
The Exterior Mastery
With its innovative asymmetrical design, the Nissan Bevel showcases the mastery of its exterior, elevating both the interior and exterior experience for its drivers and passengers.
The asymmetrical styling of the Bevel not only adds a unique and eye-catching element to its appearance but also serves a functional purpose. The inclusion of a large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side allows for easy access and convenience.
Additionally, the asymmetrical rear door provides a practical solution for loading and unloading cargo, making it ideal for individuals who need to transport tools and engage in outdoor projects.
The Nissan Bevel’s exterior mastery is evident in its thoughtfully designed and purposeful elements, offering a seamless blend of style and functionality.
Asymmetry: A design inspired by function
As you explore the Nissan Bevel’s design elevation, you’ll discover how asymmetry isn’t just a stylistic choice, but a design inspired by function.
The asymmetrical layout of the Bevel serves a practical purpose, catering to the specific needs of its target audience. Carlos Tavares envisioned this concept vehicle as being ideal for men aged 45 to 60 who need to transport tools and engage in outdoor projects.
The large driver’s door provides easy access for loading and unloading equipment, while the two smaller doors on the passenger side allow for convenient access to the rear seats. This unique design feature enhances functionality and usability, making the Bevel a practical choice for those who lead an active lifestyle.
Door configuration: A long driver’s door and two distinct passenger-side doors
To fully appreciate the unique design of the Nissan Bevel, take a closer look at its door configuration – featuring a long driver’s door and two distinct passenger-side doors. This asymmetrical layout not only adds a striking visual element but also serves a practical purpose. Here’s why the Bevel’s door configuration is noteworthy:
- Large driver’s door: The Bevel’s design prioritizes the driver’s comfort and convenience with a larger door. This makes it easier for the driver to enter and exit the vehicle, especially in tight parking spaces.
- Passenger side doors: The two smaller doors on the passenger side provide easy access for passengers. They also offer flexibility in terms of loading and unloading cargo, making the Bevel a versatile vehicle for various needs.
- Enhanced functionality: The door configuration of the Bevel optimizes space utilization and ensures efficient use of the vehicle’s interior. It showcases Nissan’s commitment to innovative design and practicality.
Rear door design: Rear hinge system for expansive opening
Continue exploring the innovative design of the Nissan Bevel by examining its rear door design, which features a rear hinge system for an expansive opening.
The rear doors of the Bevel are hinged at the back, allowing for a wide opening that provides easy access to the cargo area.
This unique rear door design not only enhances the functionality of the vehicle but also adds to its overall aesthetic appeal. The rear hinge system ensures that the doors open smoothly and securely, providing a seamless experience for the driver and passengers.
Additionally, the Bevel boasts a unique roof cargo system, further maximizing its storage capabilities.
With its rear door hinged system and versatile cargo options, the Nissan Bevel offers a practical and stylish solution for those in need of ample storage space.
Multifunctional rear hatch: Serves as a tall door and a potential workspace
Expanding on the innovative rear door design, the Nissan Bevel’s multifunctional rear hatch serves as both a tall door and a potential workspace, elevating its design inside and out. This unique feature adds a practical element to the Bevel’s versatility, allowing it to be more than just a means of transportation.
Here are three key points about the multifunctional rear hatch:
- Ample Height: The tall door provides easy access to the rear cargo area, making it convenient for loading and unloading larger items. This height advantage sets the Bevel apart from traditional SUVs and enhances its functionality.
- Potential Workspace: The rear hatch can also be transformed into a potential workspace, providing a flat surface for various activities. Whether it’s tinkering with tools, working on a DIY project, or even using it as a mobile office, the Bevel’s rear hatch offers a versatile space for different needs.
- Design Continuity: Not only does the multifunctional rear hatch offer practicality, but it also adds to the overall design aesthetic of the Bevel. Its asymmetrical layout and unique features create a visually appealing and modern look, showcasing Nissan’s commitment to innovative design.
The Interior Innovation
Building upon the multifunctional rear hatch, the Nissan Bevel continues to impress with its interior innovation, elevating both the design inside and out.
The Bevel’s interior is a testament to its commitment to asymmetrical styling and pushing the boundaries of traditional car design. One of the standout features is the unique seating arrangement.
The rear seats can fold flat, creating a spacious cargo area that can accommodate larger items. Additionally, the expansive glass roof floods the interior with natural light, creating an open and airy atmosphere.
The Bevel also incorporates various storage compartments throughout the cabin, providing ample space for storing tools and other necessities. This interior innovation not only enhances the functionality of the vehicle but also adds a touch of modernity and sophistication to the overall design.
Zones for Specific Needs: Driver’s comfort, technology hub, and utility/pet space
Now let’s delve into the zones tailored to meet specific needs inside the Nissan Bevel, providing you with driver’s comfort, a technology hub, and utility/pet space.
- Driver’s Comfort: The Nissan Bevel prioritizes the comfort of the driver, ensuring a pleasant driving experience. The seats are ergonomically designed to provide support and reduce fatigue on long journeys. The materials used in the cabin are of high quality, providing a luxurious feel. Additionally, the Bevel offers adjustable features such as the steering wheel and seat positions, allowing you to find the perfect driving position.
- Technology Hub: The Bevel is equipped with a state-of-the-art technology hub, offering a range of features to enhance your driving experience. It includes a touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and smartphone integration. The Bevel also has advanced safety features such as blind-spot monitoring and lane departure warning, ensuring your safety on the road.
- Utility/Pet Space: Recognizing the needs of its target demographic, the Bevel provides ample utility and pet space. The rear seats can be folded flat, creating a large cargo area for transporting tools or outdoor equipment. Additionally, there are specific compartments and hooks to secure and organize your belongings. For pet owners, the Bevel offers a designated space for pets, ensuring their comfort and safety during travels.
Digital dominance: Ribbon instrument panel and multiple information screens
Continuing the focus on enhancing the driving experience, the Nissan Bevel integrates digital dominance through a ribbon instrument panel and multiple information screens.
The ribbon instrument panel is a unique design feature that spans the width of the dashboard, providing a sleek and futuristic look. It displays essential driving information, such as speed, fuel levels, and navigation directions, in a clear and easily accessible manner.
Additionally, the Bevel is equipped with multiple information screens strategically placed throughout the cabin. These screens allow you to customize your driving experience by providing access to various features and settings, such as climate control, entertainment options, and vehicle diagnostics.
With the ribbon instrument panel and multiple information screens, the Nissan Bevel puts the power of digital technology right at your fingertips, making your driving experience more convenient and enjoyable.
Home connectivity: Surveillance and control of home systems
Enhance your home connectivity with the Nissan Bevel’s seamless surveillance and control of home systems. With this innovative feature, you can effortlessly monitor and manage various aspects of your home, ensuring convenience, security, and peace of mind.
- Remote surveillance: Keep an eye on your home even when you’re away. The Bevel allows you to access live video feeds from security cameras installed in and around your house. Whether you want to check on your kids, monitor your pets, or ensure the safety of your property, the Bevel’s surveillance system has you covered.
- Smart home integration: Take control of your home systems with ease. The Bevel seamlessly connects to smart devices such as thermostats, lighting systems, and door locks. With just a few taps on the Bevel’s intuitive interface, you can adjust the temperature, turn on/off lights, and lock/unlock doors, all from the comfort of your car.
- Security notifications: Stay informed about any security breaches or unusual activities at your home. The Bevel sends real-time alerts to your smartphone, keeping you updated and enabling you to take immediate action if necessary.
With the Nissan Bevel’s home connectivity features, you can ensure a connected and secure living environment, all at the touch of a button. Embrace the future of smart home technology with the Bevel’s surveillance and control capabilities.
Pet-friendly features: Leash connections and secure dog carrier spaces
With the Nissan Bevel, you can ensure the comfort and safety of your furry friends with its pet-friendly features, including leash connections and secure dog carrier spaces.
The Bevel concept was designed to cater to the needs of older buyers, and this extends to their beloved pets as well.
The leash connections allow you to easily secure your dog while on the go, providing peace of mind and preventing any unexpected escapes.
Additionally, the secure dog carrier spaces provide a designated area for your pet to relax during the journey. This not only keeps your pet safe but also helps to minimize distractions while driving.
Whether you’re taking a short trip to the park or embarking on a longer adventure, the Bevel’s pet-friendly features ensure that your furry friends can travel with you in comfort and style.
Get ready to explore the tech-forward features of the Nissan Bevel concept.
This innovative crossover SUV comes equipped with roof-mounted solar panels, providing clean energy and reducing reliance on conventional power sources.
Additionally, the Bevel incorporates advanced drive-by-wire systems for steering, throttle, and braking, enhancing the driving experience.
With both 12V and 110V outlets supported by solar cells, you can easily power your devices on the go.
Plus, the roof cargo system can handle up to 250 pounds, ensuring you have ample space for all your gear.
Get ready to experience the cutting-edge technology of the Nissan Bevel.
Clean energy: Roof-mounted solar panels
Install roof-mounted solar panels on your Nissan Bevel to harness clean energy and reduce your carbon footprint. This innovative feature allows you to take advantage of the sun’s power to charge your vehicle’s battery and power various systems.
Here are three reasons why roof-mounted solar panels are a game-changer for concept vehicles like the Bevel:
- Sustainability: By utilizing solar energy, you contribute to a cleaner and greener environment. The large glass roof panels on the Bevel provide ample space for solar panels, maximizing the amount of energy that can be generated.
- Energy efficiency: Solar panels convert sunlight into electricity, which can be used to power the vehicle’s electrical components. This reduces the reliance on traditional fuel sources and increases overall energy efficiency.
- Cost savings: With solar panels, you can potentially reduce your dependence on traditional fuel sources, leading to significant savings on your fuel expenses. Additionally, by generating your own clean energy, you may also qualify for certain tax incentives or rebates.
Advanced driving: Drive-by-wire systems for steering, throttle, and braking
You can now experience advanced driving in the Nissan Bevel with its seamlessly integrated drive-by-wire systems for steering, throttle, and braking, allowing for precise control and enhanced responsiveness.
These drive-by-wire systems utilize electronic sensors and actuators to replace traditional mechanical components, providing a more streamlined and efficient driving experience.
With drive-by-wire steering, you can enjoy effortless maneuverability and precise handling, while the drive-by-wire throttle ensures instant and smooth acceleration.
Additionally, the drive-by-wire braking system offers precise control and quick response, enhancing safety on the road.
The Nissan Bevel’s advanced drive-by-wire systems perfectly complement its innovative and asymmetrical styling, creating a unique and cutting-edge driving experience.
Whether you’re navigating tight city streets or cruising on the open highway, the Nissan Bevel’s drive-by-wire systems will elevate your driving experience to new heights.
Outlets: Both 12V and 110V, supported by solar cells
With the Nissan Bevel, you’ll have access to both 12V and 110V outlets, powered by solar cells, providing convenient and sustainable charging options. These tech-forward features highlight Nissan’s commitment to innovation and eco-friendly solutions. Here are three key points to consider:
- Convenience: The inclusion of both 12V and 110V outlets ensures that you can easily charge your devices and equipment while on the go. Whether it’s your smartphone, power tools, or camping gear, the Bevel’s outlets have you covered.
- Sustainable Power: The solar cells integrated into the Bevel harness the power of the sun to generate electricity. This means that you can charge your devices using clean and renewable energy, reducing your carbon footprint and promoting environmental sustainability.
- Versatility: The combination of different outlet options caters to a wide range of charging needs. The 12V outlets are ideal for smaller devices, while the 110V outlets provide the necessary power for larger equipment or appliances. This flexibility ensures that you have the capability to charge a variety of devices, making the Bevel a practical and versatile choice.
With its innovative outlets powered by solar cells, the Nissan Bevel exemplifies the future of sustainable charging solutions, providing both convenience and environmental benefits.
Cargo system on the roof: Can support up to 250 pounds
The Bevel’s innovative cargo system on the roof can effortlessly support up to 250 pounds, making it a practical and versatile option for transporting larger items. This tech-forward feature is designed to provide convenience and ease of use for drivers who need to carry heavy loads.
With the ability to securely hold up to 250 pounds on the roof, you can confidently transport equipment, luggage, or any other bulky items without worrying about space limitations inside the vehicle.
This cargo system on the roof maximizes the Bevel’s storage capacity and allows you to make the most of its interior space for passengers and other essentials. Whether you’re going on a camping trip, moving furniture, or simply need extra storage, the Bevel’s roof cargo system is a game-changer.
Engine and Performance Insights
When it comes to the engine and performance of the Nissan Bevel, you can expect a dynamic experience. Powered by a 2.5-liter V6 engine with hybrid electric technology, it strikes a balance between driving pleasure and eco-friendliness.
With this combination, you can enjoy a smooth and powerful ride while also being conscious of the environment.
You can experience exceptional engine dynamics in the Nissan Bevel, delivering impressive performance and efficiency. The Nissan Bevel is equipped with a Nissan 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine, providing a powerful and smooth driving experience.
Here are three key aspects of the engine dynamics in the Bevel:
- Responsive Acceleration: The Bevel’s engine delivers quick and effortless acceleration, allowing you to merge onto highways or overtake vehicles with ease. Its powertrain is designed to provide a responsive and exhilarating driving experience.
- Fuel Efficiency: Despite its powerful performance, the Bevel also prioritizes fuel efficiency. The hybrid engine technology optimizes fuel consumption, ensuring that you can enjoy extended driving ranges without compromising on performance.
- Smooth Power Delivery: The engine in the Bevel delivers power seamlessly, providing a smooth and refined driving experience. Whether you’re navigating city streets or cruising on the open road, the Bevel’s engine dynamics ensure a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
With its asymmetrical styling and advanced engine technology, the Nissan Bevel offers an exceptional driving experience that combines performance and efficiency.
Type: 2.5-liter V6 with HEV
Experience exceptional engine dynamics in the Nissan Bevel with its powerful and efficient 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine.
The Nissan Bevel is a concept crossover SUV that showcases the innovative use of asymmetry in its design.
With the 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine, the Bevel offers a perfect balance between performance and fuel efficiency.
This hybrid engine combines a V6 gasoline engine with an electric motor, delivering a seamless driving experience and reduced emissions.
The 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine provides ample power for any adventure, making it ideal for both city commuting and outdoor projects.
Whether you need to transport tools or embark on a weekend getaway, the Nissan Bevel’s engine ensures a smooth and dynamic ride.
Embrace the future of automotive technology with the Nissan Bevel and its exceptional 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine.
A balance between: Driving pleasure and eco-friendliness
Achieving a harmonious blend of driving pleasure and eco-friendliness, the Nissan Bevel’s engine and performance provide a seamless and dynamic experience for any adventure.
The Bevel is powered by a Nissan 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine, which combines the efficiency of a hybrid system with the power and performance of a V6 engine. This innovative powertrain ensures a smooth and responsive acceleration, while also reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
With its asymmetrical styling, the Bevel stands out from the crowd and exudes a sense of uniqueness. Its dynamic performance and nimble handling make every drive a joy, while its eco-friendly features contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
Experience the perfect balance of driving pleasure and environmental responsibility with the Nissan Bevel.
Key Facts and Data Points
Now let’s delve into the key facts and data points surrounding the Nissan Bevel concept.
This innovative crossover SUV was unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show and featured an asymmetrical design.
Despite its unique features and the vision of Carlos Tavares, Nissan hasn’t committed to mass-producing the Bevel, leaving its fate uncertain.
However, the Bevel’s impact on future designs can’t be ignored, making it an intriguing concept to explore.
Bevel in Perspective
The Bevel concept vehicle offers a unique perspective on asymmetry, with its distinctive design and innovative features. This concept crossover SUV, unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, showcases asymmetry through its asymmetrical doors. With one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side, the Bevel challenges traditional notions of vehicle design.
Carlos Tavares, the man behind the concept, envisions the Bevel as the perfect vehicle for men aged 45 to 60 who need to transport tools and engage in outdoor projects. While Nissan hasn’t committed to producing the Bevel, this concept vehicle has the potential to influence future designs in the automotive industry.
The Bevel’s asymmetrical design is a bold departure from convention and showcases Nissan’s commitment to pushing boundaries and exploring new possibilities in vehicle design.
Concept’s category: Crossover SUV
Typically, crossover SUVs are designed to provide versatility and functionality for a wide range of drivers. The Nissan Bevel, a pioneering concept in asymmetrical styling, falls under this category.
Unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, the Bevel showcases a unique design with one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. Its asymmetrical styling not only attracts attention but also serves a purpose.
This concept vehicle caters to the needs of older buyers, specifically men aged 45 to 60, who require transportation for tools and outdoor projects. Although Nissan hasn’t committed to producing the Bevel, its innovative design could influence future crossover SUV designs.
With its distinct features and functionality, the Bevel demonstrates the potential for asymmetry in the crossover SUV segment.
Visionary behind its relevance: Carlos Tavares
To understand the visionary behind the relevance of the Nissan Bevel, focus on Carlos Tavares, who envisions this concept vehicle as the ideal transportation solution for men aged 45 to 60 in need of tools and outdoor project capabilities.
Tavares recognizes that this demographic often requires a vehicle that can accommodate their active lifestyle and provide them with the functionality they need. The Nissan Bevel’s asymmetrical styling sets it apart from traditional vehicles, allowing for easier access to the rear seats and cargo area.
This innovative design feature enhances the vehicle’s practicality and usability, making it a versatile option for men who enjoy engaging in outdoor projects and need a vehicle that can transport their tools and equipment.
Tavares’ vision for the Nissan Bevel demonstrates his understanding of the specific needs and preferences of this target audience, making it a relevant and appealing concept for this demographic.
Unveiling aftermath: Nissan’s non-commitment to mass production
After unveiling the Nissan Bevel concept at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, the company faced uncertainty regarding mass production.
Despite its innovative asymmetrical design and potential appeal to a niche market, Nissan hasn’t committed to producing the Bevel for the general public.
This decision raises questions about the future of the concept and its impact on Nissan’s lineup. While the Bevel showcased the company’s commitment to pushing design boundaries, it remains unclear why Nissan chose not to move forward with mass production.
The Bevel’s unique features, such as its single driver’s door and fold-flat seats, could have set it apart in the competitive crossover SUV segment. However, without a clear commitment from Nissan, the Bevel’s fate remains uncertain, leaving automotive enthusiasts and potential buyers disappointed.
A Glimpse into Bevel’s Demise
You may be wondering what led to the demise of the Nissan Bevel concept, so let’s delve into some key facts and data points.
The Nissan Bevel, known for its innovative asymmetrical styling, was unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show. Despite its unique design features and potential influence on future designs, Nissan never committed to mass producing the Bevel.
One unfortunate fate awaited a Bevel concept vehicle that was found at Express Scrap Metals in Tennessee, USA – it was destroyed. This concept vehicle belonged to the full-size crossover SUV class, powered by a Nissan 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine.
The Bevel’s demise leaves us with unanswered questions about the future of asymmetrical styling in the automotive industry.
Last spotted: Express Scrap Metals in Tennessee
As we continue our exploration of the Nissan Bevel’s demise, let’s turn our attention to its last known location – Express Scrap Metals in Tennessee. This is where one of the Bevel concept vehicles was found, only to meet its unfortunate fate of being destroyed.
The Bevel, with its distinctive asymmetrical styling, made quite an impression when it was unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show. The concept featured one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side, showcasing its unique design. Although Nissan never committed to producing the Bevel, it could have influenced future designs.
It was envisioned as an ideal vehicle for men aged 45 to 60 who needed to transport tools and engage in outdoor projects. Sadly, the fate of the Bevel and the Quest concept found in the salvage yard remains uncertain, but it’s likely that they’ll be crushed.
Co-occupant: The 2002 Nissan Quest concept
Continuing the exploration of the Nissan Bevel’s demise, attention now shifts to the co-occupant of the salvage yard – the 2002 Nissan Quest concept, presenting key facts and data points.
The 2002 Nissan Quest concept was a unique and innovative vehicle that pushed the boundaries of design and functionality.
Here are some important details about this concept:
- The Quest concept was unveiled in 2002, showcasing Nissan’s commitment to pushing the envelope in terms of design and technology.
- It featured a sleek and futuristic exterior design, with smooth lines and a bold front grille.
- The interior of the Quest concept was spacious and versatile, with seating for up to seven passengers and a range of advanced features and technologies.
The 2002 Nissan Quest concept represented Nissan’s vision for the future of minivans, incorporating cutting-edge design and features. While it may not have made it to production, its influence can still be felt in Nissan’s current lineup of vehicles.
Tragic fate: Destruction along with other significant concepts
Shifting focus to the tragic fate of the 2002 Nissan Quest concept and other significant concepts, let’s delve into their destruction and what led to it.
One such concept, the Nissan Bevel, a pioneering concept of asymmetry, met a similar fate. Despite its unique design and potential to influence future designs, the Bevel never made it to production. Sadly, one Bevel concept vehicle was discovered at Express Scrap Metals in Tennessee, USA, and was ultimately destroyed.
The fate of the Bevel, along with the Quest concept found in the salvage yard, remains uncertain, but it’s likely that they were crushed. It’s disheartening to witness the destruction of these innovative concepts, as they represented the forward-thinking nature of Nissan and the automotive industry as a whole.
Bevel’s Dimensions and Classifications
Let’s explore the dimensions and classifications of the Nissan Bevel, a pioneering concept of asymmetry, with its distinct features and specifications.
The Bevel belongs to the full-size crossover SUV class and has a body style of a 4-door van. Its dimensions include a wheelbase of 115.4 inches, a length of 173.2 inches, a width of 75.0 inches, and a height of 63.8 inches.
This unique concept vehicle showcases asymmetry through its design, with one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. It’s powered by a Nissan 2.5-liter V6 HEV engine.
Classified under Nissan concept vehicles, crossover sport utility vehicles, all-wheel-drive vehicles, and front-wheel-drive vehicles, the Bevel pushes the boundaries of traditional automotive design with its innovative and unconventional features.
Measurements: Wheelbase, length, width, and height detailed
Now, let’s delve into the detailed measurements of the Nissan Bevel, including its wheelbase, length, width, and height, providing key facts and data points.
The width of the Bevel is 75.0 inches, allowing for ample space inside the vehicle. This width ensures that both driver and passengers can have a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
As for the height, the Bevel stands at 63.8 inches, providing a balanced and stable stance on the road. With this height, the Bevel offers a commanding view of the surroundings, giving the driver confidence and control.
These measurements, coupled with the Bevel’s unique asymmetrical design, contribute to its standout appearance and practicality as a crossover SUV.
Categorization: Full-size crossover SUV with a 4-door van style
Continuing with the discussion from the previous subtopic, you can categorize the Nissan Bevel as a full-size crossover SUV with a 4-door van style, making it a versatile and spacious vehicle for your needs.
The Bevel’s unique combination of a full-size crossover SUV and a 4-door van design offers several advantages:
- Ample space: The 4-door van style allows for easy access to the vehicle, making it convenient for loading and unloading passengers and cargo.
- Versatile seating: The Bevel’s design includes fold-flat seats, providing flexibility to accommodate various seating and cargo configurations.
- Enhanced visibility: The expansive glass roof of the Bevel ensures excellent visibility, creating an open and airy interior atmosphere.
With its full-size crossover SUV classification and 4-door van style, the Nissan Bevel offers a compelling blend of spaciousness, functionality, and style. Whether you need to transport a large group of people or carry bulky items, the Bevel has you covered.
Analyzing the Bevel’s Design: A Conceptual Deep Dive
Let’s take a closer look at the design of the Nissan Bevel, a concept crossover SUV that introduced the concept of asymmetry.
This unconventional design features one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side, creating a unique and eye-catching aesthetic.
Origins and Background
To understand the origins and background of the Nissan Bevel’s design, take a deep dive into its conceptual features and unique asymmetrical design.
The Bevel was a pioneering concept that showcased Nissan’s innovative approach to automotive design. It was created by Nissan Design America (NDA), the company’s design studio in California, and aimed to cater to the needs of older buyers.
The asymmetrical styling of the Bevel was a bold departure from traditional automotive design, with one large driver’s door and two smaller doors on the passenger side. This asymmetry not only added a distinctive visual appeal but also served a practical purpose by providing easy access to the rear seats and cargo area.
The Bevel’s design was a testament to Nissan’s commitment to pushing boundaries and reimagining the future of transportation.
How does the asymmetrical design of the Nissan Bevel showcase Nissan’s innovative approach to automotive design?
The asymmetrical styling of the Nissan Bevel is a testament to Nissan’s bold and forward-thinking approach to automotive design. By deviating from the conventional symmetrical design, Nissan has created a vehicle that stands out in a crowd and challenges the status quo.
The Bevel’s unique design isn’t only aesthetically pleasing, but it also serves a practical purpose. The large driver’s door provides easy access for the driver, while the two smaller doors on the passenger side offer convenience for passengers. This asymmetrical layout allows for a more efficient use of space and enhances the overall functionality of the vehicle.
Nissan’s decision to embrace asymmetry in the Bevel demonstrates their commitment to pushing boundaries and reimagining traditional design principles in the automotive industry.